Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 9 Post

Monday (2 Hours of work):

Today I worked on finding the right gold texture for all of the gold hardware on the guitar. I first started with a gold texture that had a slight gradient to it. This didn't work so well because there were dark parts and light part coming through on the object. So then I had to retexture the objects with a part of the gold texture that I cropped to make it all the same color. I pretty much just cropped the shadows out of the gold. I then have to do some re-uving to make things fit correctly and it came out like I wanted it. There are still a couple seems that I can't figure out how to get rid of.




Tuesday (1 Hour of work):

Today I worked on perfecting the gold texture and I think its coming out really well so far. It has that nice chromatic shine to it. I worked on applying texturing to the string turners. Then I played with the eccentricity, reflectivity, and the specular color. Then I moved down the guitar and applied the texture to the springs. I had to lighten it up a little bit because the springs weren't standing out enough. Then I started working on the screws and so far they are coming out ok but I have to adjust the UV's a lot. Its starting to finally come together. 



Friday (1 Hour of work):

Today I worked on reUVing every single screw and adding the texture to it. It was very time consuming but I got it halfway done. I still have another pick guard of bolts to work on though. So almost there.






No comments:

Post a Comment