Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 11 Post

Monday (1 Hour of work):

Today I worked on fixing the rest of the screws. I had to reuv all of them and that took a while but I finally got it done and it turned out great. The gold texture that I have gotten looks just like gold to me and I gave it a nice shine as well.


Tuesday:

Worked on texturing some more of the guitar knobs but nothing was going right tonight. I'm going to see what I am able to do tomorrow instead.

Thursday (1 hour of work):

Today I worked on finding a good silver texture for the silver pick guards and the strings. The texture I found works really well for silver and has a great texture to it. It took a little bit for me to get the UVs just right for the strings. At first they were starting out the right color then getting dark on the seam of the UV. I figured out that since the strings are two separate pieces I have to fix both sides to get the texture to flow correctly. So far I am loving how this guitar is turning out.


Friday (2 Hours of work):

Today I started on with adding the mahogany texture to the head of the guitar. I then tried to search for an abalone texture for around the mahogany texture on the head but I could not find a good one. So then I moved on to UVing the frets and getting a nice fine wood texture on each of them. Then came the trickier part which was uving the part of the neck that I wanted that same texture on as the frets. I didn't get it quite right because it accidentally applied the texture to the entire neck. This over road my mahogany texture on the head of guitar but I figured out how to put that back. It needs some fixing still but its turning out to look really good.



No comments:

Post a Comment