Monday, October 20, 2014

Week 8 Post

Monday (1 Hour of work):

Today I worked on looking around the internet for some nice mahogany textures. I need to find a good deep mahogany texture for the body of the guitar and the tuning head of the guitar. I found some great textures which I will get later today. I finally got the textures I was looking for and they turned out to be the wrong wood for me. So tomorrow I will be looking for more fine wood textures.

Tuesday (1 Hour of work):

I finally figured out how to use the text tool and found out that the brush script came closest to the Fender logo. So I first typed that into the text tool option window and it came out flat. Then I checked the box for bevel and it came out to thick. I had to mess around with the tool for a bit until I finally got what I was looking for.


Thursday (2 Hours of work):

Today I took some time and watched some of the Lynda.com series called Maya Essentials 4: Creating Textures and Materials with George Maestri. Its really helping me wrap my head a little bit more around texturing. I'm trying to figure out how to add some more realistic textures to this amp and guitar. I know that the body of the guitar is going to be a nice shiny mahogany but there is a outline of a lighter shinier material that I will somehow have to paint into the UV snapshot in Photoshop. These videos also showed me how to use specular roll off and eccentricity to a shiny material to make it look like a metal texture.

Friday (3 Hours of work):

Today I continued to look at some more videos about texturing and finally began texturing. I found a really good fine wood texture and then played with the levels and curves inside of Photoshop. I turned it into more of a red mahogany color and it matches pretty close with the reference photo now. I'm trying to make a little but more shiny but so far I am liking how it is turning out. I also started to texture the pickups and I found a really great color for the first pickup. Its a nice deep gold color and it has the perfect amount of reflectivity.






No comments:

Post a Comment