Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Week 5 Post

Friday (1 hour of work):
Today I worked on deleted all of those weird points there were around the split of the neck and the head of the guitar. I added some harder edges to the top of the neck to make it looks more like a flat fret board. I also extruded out the top of the neck right by the head because that is where the strings lay between the neck and the head. I added some edge loops to the body as well to make it look less cartoon-like and more realistic. I have my own guitar here now as well so I now have a perfect source to work off of for this project.

Monday (2 Hours of work):
Today I worked on making the edges a little harder on the neck and head of the guitar. I also added all of the frets and the tuning knobs as well. I added some bumps on the head as well because that is where the strings wind around to be tuned by the tuning knobs. Then I started to uv the neck and head of the guitar.

Tuesday (1 Hour of work):

Today I worked on adding the bolts to the body of the guitar. I had to line them up with the strings, which was a little bit of a challenge. I also added some more pickups as well and started to polish up the modeling. Next up is UVing and texturing after I get all of the strings in place.


Thursday (2 Hours of work):
I worked on adding the finishing touches of modeling to my guitar and began uving all of it. I uved everything I could possibly think of. It came out better then I thought it would and I'm really starting to get much more comfortable with UVing. 2015 has also made it much easier and much faster to lay everything out flat. Adding the checkerboard pattern onto the object also makes it very easy to figure out if anything is being stretched out. It won't let me upload the UV snapshots on here for some reason but I have finished them for the guitar. Sense I am done UVing this I will move onto modeling the amp. 

Friday (2 Hours of work):
Today I worked on finishing all the UV's on the guitar. I had to add some thickness to the edges and save them all as jpg's instead of targa. I also started on modeling the amp as well and took the reference pictures into photoshop and converted them to png files. Then I got the basic shape of the amp out and started working on the plug ins and switches.






No comments:

Post a Comment